The school takes Online-Safety very seriously.
The topic is built into our Computing curriculum for each year group. Further details of this can be found within the computing curriculum section on our website.
We cover aspects like online bullying, secure passwords, spam and phishing, copy write and plagiarism, digital footprints and keeping safe online.
A copy of our online safety policy can be viewed from our policies page.
Useful Website for Parents
Below are some links to websites that you may find useful to help you at home:
- National Online Safety – Useful website that produces Parent Guides to popular apps and devices. You can sign up to weekly guides to help keep you informed.
- InternetMatters.org – Lots of advice and videos about current e safety issues.
- ThinkYouKnow? – advice from CEOP for parents and age appropriate information/activities to teach children how to stay safe
- CEOP – Report any online behaviour that worries you
- ChildNet – advice and explanations for parents and children:
ChildNet Age 3-7
ChildNet Age 7-11
- Parent Info – a collection of articles, tips, expert advice and resources designed to help parents keep up with what their children are doing on-line
- DFE Guidance on cyberbullying
- Net Aware – guidance to parents on social networking sites, apps and games which children use and how to keep their children safe in today’s digital world.